Re: new simulator as a new gdb target

On 18/05/07, Wenbo Yang <solrex@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all:
>
>        I have made a new ARM v5T's simulator. I wanna binding this
> simulator with gdb and insight. So, the first step is to make my
> simulator work with gdb...
You can write a gdbserver-like part  in your simulator. Then communicate
 with GDB using TCP, UART or other way.

thanx for your reply... Does any exist "gdbserver-like" template can let me do this job? or, where do I find those files?

Dave.

> I found in that $insight_home/src/sim/arm/wrapper.c play a role to
> communicate the simulator and gdb withoud TCP. It looks simple. Is it
> possible that I write a wrapper for my simulator?
I don't know if it is possible. From my point of view, maybe it is harder
 than writing a gdbserver. Because GDB's build-in simulator is possibly
working in totally different way with your simulator. You should change
yours to meet its demands. Writing a gdbserver is only adding something,
it can work well with different version of GDB.

--
Wenbo Yang

Student
Department of Mathematics, Nanjing Univ. 22 Hankou Road, Nanjing, China
Mobile: +86-013655175286  ---  Personal Email: solrex@gmail.com
MSN: solrex@live.com  ---  Homepage: http://www.solrex.cn

Intern Software Engineer
SimpLight Nanoelectronics Ltd. 6 Zhichun Road, 10th Floor, Beijing, China
Phone: +86-10-5126-6989 ext.110  ---  Email: wenbo.yang@simplnano.com