Re: Win32 gdbserver dll support.

On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 05:11:42PM +0100, Pedro Alves wrote:
> Glad you're working on this, and was going to report tonight :)
>
> I looked into it last night too.  I've got cygwin native working with
> your solib-target.c, to get a feeling if it would be a good match.  It is.
> There is just one case, that I bet you'll be looking into, which is
> the relocate_section_addresses solib-target op.  Your implementation
> was elf specific.  To get it up working as a fast prototype, I used
> a method that wouldn't work for elf.

Yep.  I've been moving the ELF-specific bits into elfread.c for the
last hour.  For Windows this should be easy, since it looks like DLLs
are always relocated by a single offset; does Windows CE relocate text
and data by different amounts, or is there still a single image base?

> I stumbled on core dump support, dll loading.  Current win32-nat.c
> reads the dlls
> that were loaded in the core, on win32_current_sos, depending on core_bfd
> being set.  Perhaps we need a new op somewhere, maybe in struct core_fns too.

You're probably right; then corelow can implement the
to_get_shared_libraries method.

> Perhaps you would want to take a look at my changes, to get a better feeling
> of what is needed for win32.  I'll get home in a few hours.

Yes please.  I'll try to combine all the pieces.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery