RE: GDB receives SIGKILL

On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 16:50 +0400, Vadim Shmelev wrote:
> Thanks for comments, Daniel and Michael. I will try to describe my
> environment.
>
> For statically building of application I use gcc 4.1.1, glibc 2.3.2 and all
> glibc components configured and built together. NPTL threads are not used.
> Target platform is VMware ESX Server with 2.4.21 kernel, accordingly dynamic
> linking doesn't match, as glibc's conflict is possible. How I can realize,
> that problem doesn't have decision, but I should know possible reasons for
> receiving SIG32 and SIG33 signals.

Kernel 2.<b>4</b>.21?   That kernel may possibly be too old.
I don't know for sure.

The reason for receiving the sig32 and sig33 is because the libpthreads
library uses them for inter-thread communication and synchronization.

If everything is working properly, GDB intercepts them and understands
some information from them, giving gdb an insight into what the thread
library is doing.  You (the user) should never see them or be aware of
them.

There is some underlying problem that is preventing this system
(kernel -- glibc -- libpthreads -- gdb) from working properly.