In a remote debug session, how do I get to see fresh register values each time I do a 'show all-registers'?

Hello,

 I am using GDB 6.6, (ppc64-elf) to remote debug linux running
 on a PowerPC simulator. I can read the values of the GPR's in
 the simulator and upon a 'show all-registers', I do see that
 the registers have values as expected.

 However, on issuing a 'show all-registers' subsequently, I see
 GDB displaying the resgister values it displayed earlier - not
 the ones that the simulator now shows. What do I need to do to
 force GDB to get the fresh set of register values?

Thanks,
Anmol P. Paralkar