This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Errors in gdb6.4 "incomplete CFI data" and "const value length mismatch"
- From: "Kalpana Ramamurthy" <kal_pana at hotmail dot com>
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Cc: kal_pana at hotmail dot com
- Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 10:47:03 +0000
- Subject: Errors in gdb6.4 "incomplete CFI data" and "const value length mismatch"
I am using gdb 6.4. I get a lot of errors like
During symbol reading, incomplete CFI data; unspecified registers (e.g.,
rax) at 0x1452fa.
I also get errors like
During symbol reading, const value length mismatch for '<some symbol>',
got 8, expected 0.
From reference to earlier discussions on this issue, I noticed that
complaints is set to 1 in .gdbinit.
I set it to 0 and these warning messages disappeared.
I had two questions in this regard :
1. Is it a wise thing to set complaints to 0 ?
Setting it to a huge value like "set complaints 20" gives me a huge set of
the above warnings.
2. Can you let me know the exact cause for why the second warning message
"during symbol reading, const value length...". I assume that the first set
of warnings related to CFI data is because registers if not specified are
incorrectly assumed as undefined.
The idiot box is no longer passé; it's making news and how!