From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org>
To: Kalpana Ramamurthy <kal_pana@hotmail.com>
CC: gdb@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: gdb 6.4 does not stop unwinding even after reaching the lastframe.
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 07:26:42 -0400

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 09:23:53AM +0000, Kalpana Ramamurthy wrote:
> Hello,

> I am using gdb 6.4 for debugging the product that I work on. When I try to
> print a bactrace, I get
> an extra frame at the end which looks like this :

> #6 0x00000000 in ?? ()

There are not a lot of ways to safely indicate the end of the stack.
Due to some internal reorganization, GDB 6.x is usually better about
unwinding through strange things on the stack - but as a consequence
it sometimes unwinds through the last frame too.  Please try a version
from CVS and see if it's any better; it may or may not be.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery

Spice up your IM conversations. New, colorful and animated emoticons. Get chatting! http://server1.msn.co.in/SP05/emoticons/