This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: gdbarch script's purpose
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Luis Machado <luisgpm at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 13:59:26 -0400
- Subject: Re: gdbarch script's purpose
- References: <1175104141.4417.3.camel@localhost>
On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 02:49:00PM -0300, Luis Machado wrote:
> Hi folks,
> What is exactly the purpose of the gdb/gdbarch.sh script and where in
> the build process it's used?
> Sorry if it's a basic question, but the internal documentation is not
> very clear on what is its purpose.
It generates gdbarch.c and gdbarch.h, which are very repetitive. It's
not used during the build process - they're regenerated manually as needed.