Re: gdbarch script's purpose

> What is exactly the purpose of the gdb/gdbarch.sh script and where in
> the build process it's used?

The purpose of this script is to generate the gdbarch.[hc] files.
Most of this file is very repetitive, so gdbarch.sh contains the
useful info, without any of the repetition, and then generates
the C files that we then compile.

This script is not invoked during the build, but only manually,
when the gdbarch vector is modified. In other words, when we modify
gdbarch.sh, we rerun it, and commit a new version of gdbarch.[ch].

--
Joel