This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: gdb 6.4 does not stop unwinding even after reaching the last frame.
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Kalpana Ramamurthy <kal_pana at hotmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 07:26:42 -0400
- Subject: Re: gdb 6.4 does not stop unwinding even after reaching the last frame.
- References: <BAY144-F17D07694641D81ABD45D91E86D0@phx.gbl>
On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 09:23:53AM +0000, Kalpana Ramamurthy wrote:
> I am using gdb 6.4 for debugging the product that I work on. When I try to
> print a bactrace, I get
> an extra frame at the end which looks like this :
> #6 0x00000000 in ?? ()
There are not a lot of ways to safely indicate the end of the stack.
Due to some internal reorganization, GDB 6.x is usually better about
unwinding through strange things on the stack - but as a consequence
it sometimes unwinds through the last frame too. Please try a version
from CVS and see if it's any better; it may or may not be.