This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Multi process debugging using gdb - references?
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 10:51:37 -0400
- Subject: Re: Multi process debugging using gdb - references?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 07:39:13AM -0700, Fred Fish wrote:
> My gut feeling says that using some front end to control multiple
> instances of gdb is probably a better solution than trying to enhance
> gdb to handle this using a single gdb process.
I have not done any work in the multi-process area in years, but
that's my gut feeling too. GDB's internals and user interface are
both very wound up in a single process model.
That's not to say it couldn't be changed. But you'd have to convince
us first that it was worth changing, and then that it was practical.