This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Help with stepping into shared-library with stripped ld-linuxon arm board
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Xu Haojun-a18535 <hjXu at motorola dot com>
- Cc: Michael Snyder <Michael dot Snyder at palmsource dot com>, gdb at sourceware dot org, Xie ShaoHua-A22496 <A22496 at motorola dot com>
- Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 07:55:27 -0400
- Subject: Re: Help with stepping into shared-library with stripped ld-linuxon arm board
- References: <6D989D7EEBF1A34EA5CAF6A24FD3E15801E3CB50@zmy16exm63.ds.mot.com> <20070322154506.GA7032@caradoc.them.org> <email@example.com> <6D989D7EEBF1A34EA5CAF6A24FD3E15801E3D06D@zmy16exm63.ds.mot.com>
On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 06:56:55PM +0800, Xu Haojun-a18535 wrote:
> But this try seems not work, it still takes a long time when
> stepping into shared-library, we are really confused where goes wrong,
> it there any other place which controls the shared-library stepping
> behavior besides enable_break() in solib-srv4.c ?
You've already asked this question and I've already answered it.
There are a lot of things that will go wrong without symbols.
I suspect this one is related to "fixup".