This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
How to debug forked process
- From: "Sudhakar G" <list dot sudhakar at gmail dot com>
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 13:47:01 +0530
- Subject: How to debug forked process
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I have a daemon which has no debug info. I want to follow the forked
child. I am using gdb (rpm version: gdb-6.6-12.4) 's command "set
follow-fork-mode child" but it is not working. Here is the output of
Linux sudhakar 188.8.131.52-0.6-default #1 Mon Mar 5 16:54:49 UTC 2007
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
Setting breakpoint for fork also does not break at fork.
Is there any way I can follow the forked child. This is critical for
my project and any help is apprciated.