This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: GDB Can't Find My Shared Libraries
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Don Mies <don dot mies at cox dot net>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 11:59:16 -0400
- Subject: Re: GDB Can't Find My Shared Libraries
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 08:46:40AM -0700, Don Mies wrote:
> I'm having a lot of trouble with gdb not finding my shared libraries. When I
> invoke gdb with the executable it appears to load it but when I try to run the
> program I get a message similar to the following:
> /devl/obj/main/LX86/xxx: error while loading shared
> libraries: libgorph.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> However, all of the libraries needed are in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH and I can
> execute an "ldd" command on the same executable that I started gdb with and it
> reports all of the libraries found and in their proper places.
99% of the time, this symptom means that your shell startup files are
clobbering LD_LIBRARY_PATH. GDB runs the program by invoking a
subshell to handle command line processing. I recommend checking that.