This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Definition of PT_TEXT_ADDR and friends.
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Josef Wolf <jw at raven dot inka dot de>, gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 06:56:18 -0400
- Subject: Re: Definition of PT_TEXT_ADDR and friends.
- References: <20070320064456.GE26951@raven.wolf.local>
On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 07:44:56AM +0100, Josef Wolf wrote:
> When compiling gdb for uClinux with armnommu, I noticed that (in
> linux-low.c) PT_TEXT_ADDR, PT_DATA_ADDR and PT_TEXT_END_ADDR are
> defined only when __mcoldfire__ is defined. I think this is wrong.
> Instead, IMHO, it should always be defined when we have linux without
> a mmu.
/* These should really be defined in the kernel's ptrace.h header. */
We don't know what to define them _to_ on other platforms. If you
have another platform which fails to define them in the kernel
headers, we can add another case.
(I know the __UCLIBC_HAS_MMU__ is out of date - I'm going to fix that