This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Behaviour of invalid varobjs
- From: Vladimir Prus <ghost at cs dot msu dot su>
- To: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 13:40:29 +0300
- Subject: Behaviour of invalid varobjs
I think current mainline does something strange
about varobjs that cannot be evaluated:
-var-create null_ptr * **0
First, the value of "**0" is not 0, in fact there's no value at all.
Second, given that nothing was changed between the two commands,
it's strange that 'null_ptr' is mentioned in -var-update.
Before I go changing code, do everybody agree that:
1. The output of -var-create should either have no "value"
field at all, or value="", as is used in some other context.
2. The output of -var-update should not include anything.
Also, we probably should include in_scope="false" in output of
-var-create, but I'm not quite sure.