This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [sparc-solaris] unexpected warning when starting program
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:09:49 -0700
- Subject: Re: [sparc-solaris] unexpected warning when starting program
- References: <20070312051646.GI14401@adacore.com> <email@example.com>
> > I am not sure how to fix it either. On solaris 2.8 and 2.9, the two
> > files are identical but distinct - one is not a link to the other.
> > On solaris 2.10, however, one is a link of the other, so we could
> > presumably check the fullpath instead of doing a direct name comparison.
> > But that would be pretty expensive for just one type of host, no?
> String comparisons is the wrong thing to do when the issue is file
> equality. This mostly works only by chance. We should implement a
> smarter FILENAME_CMP, IMHO.
I completely agree, and I was planning on using FILENAME_CMP in any
solution we might come up with. But we also have to realize that
unless FILENAME_CMP also knows that on solaris /lib/ld.so is the
same as /usr/lib/ld.so (which is a possibility), then this isn't going
to make this particular warning go away...