This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [sparc-solaris] unexpected warning when starting program
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 07:07:18 -0400
- Subject: Re: [sparc-solaris] unexpected warning when starting program
- References: <20070312051646.GI14401@adacore.com>
On Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 10:16:46PM -0700, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> Basically, the reason for the warning is that GDB thinks that the
> inferior unloaded ld.so.1. The reason for that is that, during startup,
> GDB does not immediately have access to base address of the dynamic
> linker structs. I suspect that this is because our real inferior
> hasn't been forked yet, or maybe is in the process of being forked.
> I haven't had time to look further into this.
It's because you've forked, but the dynamic linker has not run yet.
This is code I added recently. The first time, we get the name of the
dynamic linker from the contents of .interp. Later, after it's run,
we get it from the inferior's link_map list.
Maybe a gdbarch hook to override the name of the default dynamic
linker? That's really bizarre though. Maybe the OpenSolaris sources
give some insight to how it came up with /lib/ld.so.1.