This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Debugging glibc crashes with GDB
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Rich Rattanni <rattanni at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org, Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 21:15:02 -0400
- Subject: Re: Debugging glibc crashes with GDB
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 02:04:41PM -0400, Rich Rattanni wrote:
> Below you will find the GDB output related to my question. My problem
> is that when I try to debug a program after receiving a glibc abort
> error (MALLOC_CHECK = 2) I cannot backtrace the program to find out
> what piece of my application caused the problem. I can see the call
> to raise and abort, but then I get the error message "Backtrace
> frame did not save the PC".
I believe this is a known problem with the ARM port of GCC. What GCC
version are you using to build glibc?
It doesn't save the return address anywhere when it reaches abort;
this is a somewhat limited value optimization.