This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: PAGE_SIZE Availability Inconsistency
- From: "H. Peter Anvin" <hpa at zytor dot com>
- To: Christoph Hellwig <hch at infradead dot org>, Arjan van de Ven <arjan at infradead dot org>, Roman Zippel <zippel at linux-m68k dot org>, David Brown <dmlb2000 at gmail dot com>, Linux Kernel Mailing List <linux-kernel at vger dot kernel dot org>, gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 09:05:48 -0800
- Subject: Re: PAGE_SIZE Availability Inconsistency
- References: <email@example.com> <20070306092917.GA5226@infradead.org> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20070308090031.GB7373@infradead.org> <email@example.com> <20070308160852.GB9916@infradead.org>
Christoph Hellwig wrote:
No, no no. We should never export PAGE_SIZE. We might export NBPG
as deprecated symbol for gdb if it really needs it, but that should
happen only on a.out systems, and it it should be a true constant,
not depending on PAGE_SIZE.
I've Cc'ed the gdb list on whether they have any comments on this
By the way, it's a massive snafu that the swap area magic number is
dependent on PAGE_SIZE. There is absolutely no good reason for that.