This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Get >incomplete type> when I try to display a variable
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: ppmoore <polomora at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 10:49:10 -0500
- Subject: Re: Get >incomplete type> when I try to display a variable
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 07:47:23AM -0800, ppmoore wrote:
> I'm now debugging another section of code where the .c and the .h files are
> in separate directories. As before, I copy these across to the executable
> location. When I debug, I get the error <incomplete type> when I try to
> examine the contents of a structure or pointer to a structure. Is this
> because in the development enviromnent, the .h and .c files are in different
No, it has nothing to do with that.
Either some file was not compiled with -g, or your compiler has
omitted some necessary debug info.