This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Backtrace not working from within nanosleep
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Richard van der Hoff <richardv at mxtelecom dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 11:58:40 -0500
- Subject: Re: Backtrace not working from within nanosleep
- References: <45ED99E9.email@example.com>
On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 04:42:17PM +0000, Richard van der Hoff wrote:
> The stack looks fine - it just looks like gdb can't unwind it. Any ideas
> what might be the problem here?
> I have:
> Linux kernel 2.4.26
> GNU gdb 6.6
> gcc (GCC) 3.3.4
LinuxThreads, presumably, since this is 2.4.x. That means it is
fairly likely that you do not have unwind tables for nanosleep, so GDB
is unable to reason its way out.
I believe this is fixed if you use glibc 2.5, but I'm not completely
sure of that.