gdbserver unable to attach to process

Hello,
I developing an application for mobilinux (kernel 2.6.10) on ARM V6 platform and I need to debug it , however, the gdbserver remote debugger agent is unable to attach to any executable... here's what happens:

First I tried to execute gdbserver (on remote platform - IP: 192.168.16.2) as follow:

   $gdbserver :12345 /usr/local/bin/flP5
   Process /usr/local/bin/flP5 created; pid = 4630

at this point my application (flP5) starts without stopping at first instruction (as should be) and only after I kill the process 4630, gdbserver shows the "Listening on port 12345" prompt, furthermore, when I do "target remote 192.168.16.2:12345" from my host's gdb I get a "Connection refused" message and the remote gdbserver exits.

I also tried to firstly run my application and then attach gdbserver via the --attach option but I get the following error:

   $ /usr/local/bin/flP5 &
   [1] 4718
   $ gdbserver :12345 --attach 4718
   Cannot attach to process 4718: Operation not permitted (1)

I really appreciate your help to understand what can prevent gdbserver to work correctly.

Tanks & regards,
   Francesco Bradascio

PS:
- gdb and gdbserver versions is 6.6 (cross)compiled for target arm-elf-linux-gnu
- I added several printfs to log the operations in the linux-low.c file and I found that (for the first case) the gdbserver remains stucked at the first waitpid in the linux_wait_for_process function.
Chiacchiera con i tuoi amici in tempo reale! http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/*http://it.messenger.yahoo.com