Re: GDB 5.3 not debugging properly on Linux kernel 2.6

Please don't copy both lists with a question.

On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 04:50:17PM +0000, Kalpana Ramamurthy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are running our native OS on a linux kernel version 2.6 (on a RHEL 4.2
> system). Debugging using
> gdb 5.3 gives a problem "Cannot recognize signal trampoline". As a result,
> we absolutely cannot do any single stepping. Is this a compatibility issue ?
> Should I not be using gdb 5.3 with underlying linux kernel being 2.6 ?

Probably not.  I have no idea what patches you might need from more
recent versions of GDB, since you are using a debugger from 2002 with
a kernel from probably 2006.  You would have better luck using RHEL's
included GDB, or moving your patches to a more recent release.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery