Re: i386 gdbserver for windows: break problem

Khaled Jmal wrote:

Hi all,

I'm using gdbserver 6.6 and I compiled it for windows with mingw.
It looks like the break is not working. The gdbserver doesn't react to CTRL-C
Is this function implemented

I tried to patch the gdbserver so that it polls the status when the application is running.
With GenerateConsoleCtrlEvent I could stop the application but only if the application
shares the same console as the gdbserver.

Any help?

Thanks, Khaled

The gdbserver for Win32 patch I submitted did not include that support.

I did work on that some months ago to let client gdb interrupt the remotely debugged process, but never actually submitted the patch. It did work somewhat, but the approach wasn't correct because the way I handled interrupt support interfered too much with debugged process execution, and it was somewhat buggy.
I know it's very annoying not to be able to interrupt remote process, but I have not found time to implement that support correctly, sorry. It's on my todo. I will do it eventually, if nobody else does first.

Leo.

___________________________________________________________________________ Découvrez une nouvelle façon d'obtenir des réponses à toutes vos questions ! Profitez des connaissances, des opinions et des expériences des internautes sur Yahoo! Questions/Réponses http://fr.answers.yahoo.com