Re: Likely obsolete pieces of GDB

Christopher Faylor escreveu:
On Sat, Dec 16, 2006 at 03:59:23PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
wince-stub.c
wince-stub.h
wince.c

	For Windows CE devices.  Pedro Alves breathed some life
	back into these in June, but Chris Faylor rejected the
	patch (with which I completely agree).  It's a Windows-specific
	remote protocol, and should use the GDB remote protocol
	instead.

	And now there's a Windows gdbserver as a start to that.
	I think these files should be removed.

And, it should come as no surprise that I agree and I apologize for introducing this misbegotten code into gdb to begin with.

(Sorry for taking such a long time to reply to this, I was internet-less for a month.)

Looking at my patch now, I now fully agree with the rejection.  Thank you
for rejecting it. :)

I have the WinCE gdbserver port 99% ready for submission.  There are just
a few other things I would like to solve first: is the target
name that I have been calling arm-wince-mingw32ce at cegcc.sourceforge.net
ok, or should I rename it?;  Some cleanups at the mingw32ce side, that are
needed for the gdbserver;  Submit a few gdb fixes that are either global
or PE related.

Removing the current wince support now, means that I will have to add
a few things back again later (mostly autoconf stuff, and the
target header), but there's no problem with me, if it is wanted.
Else, I will remove them with the gdbserver port.

Cheers,
Pedro Alves