Re: Breaking on C labels?

On Fri, 2007-01-26 at 10:55 -0800, Jim Blandy wrote:
> Michael Snyder <Michael.Snyder@palmsource.com> writes:
> > There's a risk that some symbol-lookup function would then select that
> > label instead of the function entry label when you tried to look up the
> > nearest label preceeding a given address.
>
> This should be easy to avoid, shouldn't it?  We would only recognize
> LOC_LABEL entries for breakpoints, and ignore them for lookups by
> address.

I'm not sure, it's too long since I looked at it.
Are you sure LOC_LABEL is the correct attribute?
Seems to me, that might be what is used by the compiler
for all those ".L123" labels that it uses for loop
control etc.

You don't want to get mixed up with those, because
there's a bazillion of them, and we want them to get
stripped out by the linker.