Re: multithreaded core files

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 11:40:42AM -0800, David Carlton wrote:
One of my coworkers is looking at a core file from a multithreaded
program. (x86 Linux.) In this situation, GDB only prints a backtrace
from the thread that actually seg faulted; he'd like to see what other
threads were doing at the time.

It should already print all the backtraces.
Daniel,

Could you point me to the code that does this job inside GDB?

Thanks,
Neo
If it doesn't, the usual
explanation is that you are using a broken kernel version which does
not save registers for every thread.  Many 2.4 kernels fit that
description.

--
I would remember that if researchers were not ambitious
probably today we haven't the technology we are using!