Re: Difference between infptrace and inf-ptrace

On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 11:47:33AM +0100, Markus Deuling wrote:
> Hi,
>
> its not clear to me what the difference is between infptrace.c and
> inf-ptrace.[ch].
>
> I think infptrace.c is the older one. Is it necessary to have both?
> Shouldn't one interface
> to ptrace be sufficient?
>
> A grep gives 25 configs using infptrace and 46 using inf-ptrace.

You're right, infptrace.c is the older one.  The interfaces are very
different - to move from one to the other you really have to be able to
test the changed config.  Your grep was a little too simple; if you
take a look at the grep results, you'll see that only a handful of
configs still use infptrace.c: alpha-osf, i386-sco, powerpc-aix,
rs6000-lynxos.  The SCO and LynxOS configurations are going to be
deleted soon but someone needs to update alpha-osf and powerpc-aix
eventually.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery