Re: GDB and scripting languages - which

Thanks, Daniel, for undertaking this.

In my opinion, the gain in supporting more than one scripting language
is not that high. In my own experience, I often produce new work by
relying on previous work. We look at how it's done, consult a few
scripts in the process, search the internet when we don't know how
to do something, and then eventually manage to come up with something.
This is probably how to achieve the most idiomatic form of work, but
using a widely used language helps a lot. Anway, that's how I approached
dejagnu and TCL: Although I've never really wanted to become a TCL expert,
it did not take very long until I knew enough to follow the coding guidelines
and get by.  I would therefore recommend that we support only one language.

Even though I know some basics of LISP and yet no Python at all, I tend
to favor python over guile. Python is now well known and has a reputation
of being well designed. This is the choice that the GPS (the AdaCore IDE)
team has made, and they have been very happy with it.

--
Joel