Re: gdb remote serial protocol qC and vCont question

Daniel,

I am using an RSP stub (like gdbserver) built with our ISS model so I am not sure whether I am providing the right information to gdb for the thread switching.

The RSP transactions look something like:

Received packet: [qC]
Sending packet:  [QC1]
Received packet: [qfThreadInfo]
Sending packet:  [m1,2,3]
Received packet: [qsThreadInfo]
Sending packet:  [l]
Received packet: [vCont;s:1;c]  -------------> (1)
 < thread switch happens to 2 >
<receives S05>
Received packet: [vCont;s:1;c]  -------------> (2)

Between the first and second vCont packet the thread-id changes from 1 to 2 but this information is somehow not getting communicated to gdb. The intent of the second vCont is to do a step for thread 2 and c for all other threads.

Really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Kishore