GDB for fortran: access modules

Hello,

I am currently using GDB on Suse 10.1. I am programming in Fortran. I
can't access variables defined in modules. Is it possible? I have also a
GDB Fortran project, is it still going on?
(the intel debugger uses the following syntax: `module`variable_name). I
have also tried to use the intel debugger in gdb mode (idb -gdb) but
some syntax are different, and i can't use it inside kdevelop.

Regards,

Nicolas