From: Daniel Jacobowitz [mailto:drow@false.org]
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2006 2:58 PM
To: Smith, Stephen (SWCOE)
Subject: Re: GDB solib interface

On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 02:55:28PM -0700, Smith, Stephen (SWCOE) wrote:
> I am running GDB to debug a remote application.  If I find that a
shared
> library has been loaded, I would like to use the solib interface to
load
> the appropriate shared library symbols.
>
> So lets assume that I have the file name of the shared library, that
was
> just loaded, how do I inform the solib subsystem that to load the
> symbols.

There's no command for this.  The solib system is designed for targets
where the target can report that the library was loaded, or where GDB
can otherwise detect it.  If you're willing to have a custom GDB for
your platform, you might be able to make it examine the shared library
table in your target, assuming there is one.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery