This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Core dumps
- From: Nick Roberts <nickrob at snap dot net dot nz>
- To: Bapi <sanjiv dot kumar at wipro dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 17:47:39 +1300
- Subject: Re: Core dumps
- References: <43C22DD0.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> The process i m debugging dumps core after 5 days .Is there any means by
> which i can simulate the problem any time ?
You're appear to be asking a question about your program not about GDB.
Inspecting the core should help to answer your question. Debugging the process
means running under GDB - if you're not you should be - in which case a signal
should stop execution before dumping the core, when you can examine the cause