This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: lib failure?
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Oliver Block <lists at block-online dot eu>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org, suse-programming-e at suse dot com
- Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 10:05:14 -0500
- Subject: Re: lib failure?
- References: <email@example.com>
On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 03:57:43PM +0100, Oliver Block wrote:
> __stat (file=0xbffff070 "\200", buf=0xbffff070) at stat.c:51
> both arguments of stat hold the same address. file should be AFAIK
> I isolated the function to a test_program and it works fine there.
You've stepped into some highly optimized code; it's likely that the
debug information is not accurate enough to get this right. I would
keep debugging into the function a little further before assuming the
arguments were wrong.