Re: gdbserver + arm nommu

Hi,
   I looked for the patches provided by nathan. I
found those patches are for m68k and apply to the
files gdb/m68k-tdep.c and gdb/m68klinux-tdep.c

http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2006-06/msg00093.html

There is no patch for ARM for gdb-6.x to make
gdbserver work on ARM platform. So we have decided to
continue with gdb-5.2.1 as it is patched. Now in this
case I have arm-elf-gdb version 6.4 and gdbserver that
will run on ARM board is from gdb-5.2.1, so will this
create any problems due to version mismatch going
further?

Thanks and Regards,
Mangesh Edake

--- Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 06:27:26AM -0800, Kaushik
> karandikar wrote:
> >                 Even i am having the same problem.
> I compiled
> >                 gdbserver from gdb-6.0. And stuck
> with the thread_db.
> >                 And many other compilation errors.
> I am using the
> >                 arm-elf-gcc-2.95 compiler. I found
> the patches for
> >                 gdb-5.2.1 but in that i am not
> able to do single step
> >                 and continue. It would be a great
> help if you look
> >                 into those issues and guide to
> make gdbserver up and
> >                 running on ARM board.
>
> We can only help you with the current version.
> Nathan added a patch
> useful for uClinux in the last few months.  I've
> only tested it
> on ColdFire, but I think it would work on ARM too.
>
> As for thread_db and other compilation errors, I
> assume this is a
> problem with your development environment, not with
> gdbserver.
>
> --
> Daniel Jacobowitz
> CodeSourcery