This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: powerpc simulator instruction question
- From: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- To: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>, gdb at sourceware dot org, Ralf Corsepius <ralf dot corsepius at rtems dot org>
- Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 14:08:37 -0600
- Subject: Re: powerpc simulator instruction question
- References: <455E1337.email@example.com> <20061117195711.GA10810@nevyn.them.org>
Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 01:53:27PM -0600, Joel Sherrill wrote:
Is the stfiwx not implemented in the simulator? Not valid?
Looks unimplemented. GCC didn't generate it until 2005.
I found some posts that indicate qemu only got a patch
for it in Oct 2006. :)
I have no idea how to read, modify, or use ppc-instructions
to add it. How can I find the instruction in there?
How can I map that back to the 603e manual?
This is pretty deep in the bowels of something and quite picky. :(
Is there any PPC expert willing to take a stab at it?