GDB support for mixed ARM9 V5 and thumb code

Hi all,

I am trying to use gdb 6.5 for target arm and on host Win/MinGW. I
have compiled such a version, and I do get undeterministic behavior
when using the debugger. I try to debug an elf file, which is to be
eabi compliant. It is not compiled with gcc, and has a gdb-stub built
in.

To rule out gdb problematics I have two questions:
1) Does GDB 6.5 support mixed ARM v5 and thumb instruction set binaries?
2) What is the right compilation config parameters in this case?
   I have tried the --target=arm-thumb-elf and  --target=arm-gdb-elf

Could anyone please help me out in this matter?

Best regards
/Johan