Re: info thread

Nick Roberts wrote:

Sol 1 - developping a new MI command that gives the above target extra
information only (ie -thread-list-extra-info) or implementing a
non-implemented one with a parameter. I see in the doc that
-thread-list-all-threads is not specified for instance.

Then we need to modify Eclipse so that it uses MI command "-thread-list-ids"
plus this command to get all info. This can be an Eclipse contribution
as well, I need to ask to Eclipse maintainer as well.

There is only a slot for -thread-list-all-threads and no implementation so I
see no harm in using a new name, especially if your command doesn't list _all_
the info. I'm not very familiar with debugging threaded applications but I
think the command should be general and not just suited to your requirements.
Also if there is a common usage pattern then I think it would be good if that
information can be obtained with one MI command rather than two/many. That is
the essence of many of the changes that I have made to MI.

Daniel wrote:
I think we've got two visible options: make -thread-list-all-threads
do exactly what you want, without stack information, or make
-thread-info return the target extra info for the thread.  Either
makes sense to me.  Might as well make -thread-list-all-threads
do it.

Daniel, Nick,
Thanks for your answers.
Let's continue this thread on the gdb mailing list as Nick suggested.

I still don't have answer from the Eclipse community but reading my email, it's not a surprise ... I think it was not so easy to read,
I was probably drunk when I wrote it.

Where can I find the specifications for the MI commands -thread-list-all-threads and -thread-info ?

Denis