Re: Cannot fetch general-purpose registers for thread 1342445920: generic error

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

[New Thread 1079315376 (LWP 31427)]
Couldn't get registers: No such process.
"

This is probably a timing related bug in the implementation of GDB. When debugging programs that spawn threads using back to back gdb sessions, some runs will allow one to do debugging, and some runs won't.

Sorry, but this is basically useless as a bug report. If you would like GDB to be more reliable debugging your applications, you need to provide us with enough information to reproduce and diagnose the problem. If you do, I'll be glad to take a look at it as soon as time permits.

And for what it's worth, the 2 bugs I was seeing (one of which had the same symptoms as the above) Daniel seems to have fixed (the latter is AIUI awaiting commit to CVS).

Alex