Re: Merge of nickrob-async-20060513 to mainline?

On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 10:38 +1200, Nick Roberts wrote:
>  > > 2) Apple's GDB is multi-threaded and this doesn't seem to cause them
>  > >    problems.
>  >
>  > That's their choice.
>
> It's their choice to make GDB multi-threaded.  I'm just saying it's an
> example of where it seems to work in practice.

Nick, what you're up against is that this is an old discussion.
We've tossed around the idea of making gdb a multi-threaded app
for years, and for various reasons, we've decided against it.
Therefore there is some inertia involved here, and you're not
gonna sell the idea casually.

I suspect that some of us are reluctant to jump into the
discussion anew, with someone who doesn't have all of the
history and context.