Re: Location of PSIM documentation sources?

Barry,

That psim.texinfo file, who knows, and yes, it's bogus.

From the point-of-view of the GDB/src CVS repository that file was created as part of the original <<make GDB public>> gorilla action that JasonM and I did back in '99 - we simply imported as much of the "Cygnus CVS Tree" as we dared into the SRC CVS repo. Going back to that old Cygnus Tree, I see it appeared there (no changes since) back in '96 - I wasn't working for Cygnus then!

I'm currently chasing down old archives to figure out exactly what went down (which is getting tricky as prior to '01 my local backups are on DAT :-).

I'm pretty sure you need a find a psim-doc-BLAH archive (peer to psim-test-BLAH) that contains all the needed stuff.

Andrew

Wealand, Barry wrote:
Hello -

We're planning to use PSIM here soon, and it would be desirable to have
in-depth documentation at hand.  I've found the online manual, at
http://sourceware.org/psim/manual, and this looks like the right idea,
but I'd prefer to have something more easily printable.  A footnote at
the bottom of the table of contents portion of this page leads me to
believe that it was created from texinfo source(s).  If I had this
source, I should be able to create a PDF version of the documentation (I
assume), which would be perfect.  And, in the GDB source distribution,
there exists a file, sim/ppc/psim.texinfo, which would seem to be what
I'm looking for... but it's not.  That file seems to be cobbled together
from parts of the documentation on texinfo itself, plus maybe a few FAQs
associated with PSIM, interleaved haphazardly.  In summary, this file
seems to be seriously broken.

Can anyone point me to good texinfo source(s) for the PSIM
documentation?  (Or, if a PDF file is available, that would be great,
too.)

Thanks in advance!

Barry Wealand
Lockheed Martin