Re: gdbserver API documentation

On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 03:53:19PM +0530, Shiladitya (???????????????????????????) wrote:
> Hi All,
> I want to implement a gdbserver compliant library for a certain
> Instruction Set Simulator(ISS). The debugger that will be used to
> connect to this ISS will not be GDB. However, it will be compliant to
> gdbserver protocol.
> Is there any comprehensive documentation on all the APIs that must be
> supported in order for a gdb complinat debugger to connect to
> gdbserver?

As someone already replied, the manual covers the protocol in detail.
If you find anything in the manual unclear, please let us know, so that
we can improve it.

> I also had another query. Does the gdbserver stock proptocol allow
> target specific command extension. I need a mechanism to extend the
> commands that gdb provides. These commands are specific to the ISS I
> am using.

It depends how much support you need from GDB.  Take a look at the
"monitor" command and "qRcmd" packet; these may be enough.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery