Re: Interested in remote protocol improvements

> I rewrote a bunch of the native Windows support code after our last
release.
> I bet that would help you with your networking performance problems.
> None of that code is on the branch; it's only available on the FSF
> HEAD, which doesn't have the XML description stuff yet.

> It might be a general Windows issue... but that would be pretty
> disappointing.  If it is, there's not much we can do about it :-(
> You might want to try communicating with the stub over a pipe instead
> of a TCP socket; that's what we've been doing recently here at
> CodeSourcery.

Somehow I feel that this is a Win32 issue, but I haven't found any
information about this (Maybe you (or someone else) can run the "while++ <
10000" test on windows using mingw gdb and gdbserver to verify this? )
I already noticed that there is a pipe support implemented for gdb/mingw -
is that what you are using ? Unfortunately there is no documentation. I had
a look at the source and did a test but GDB wants to launch another
application if I specify the "|" to use a pipe (target remote | something).
My stub is already running and it would use the named pipe api. Does gdb
support named pipes ?

> Gdbserver didn't used to be available, but it is now.  You can build it
> from the latest FSF HEAD snapshots;

Alright. Good to know.

Another question about the remote protocol... the error code numbers don't
have any effect, do they ? If my stub responds with "E99" for example,  how
do I notice this (number) in GDB ? And even more important, how do I notice
this using GDB/MI ?

Thanks