Re: restart for remote target

Daniel Jacobowitz schrieb:
On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 05:42:14PM +0200, Efim Monyak wrote:
Hi all,

I need an restart command for remote target. Set Program Counter to i.e. 0 is not an
option because interrupts.
I implemented it as user-defined command but all breakpoints must be delete before load.
After load all breakpoints are lost.
Is it possible to save breakpoint data in order restore it after application reload?

Sorry, but your explanation omits too much; we need more information. Load should not remove breakpoints.

Would it help you to connect using 'target extended-remote', and then
use "run" to restart the target?  That sends an 'R' packet to the stub,
which can do whatever it needs to.

You are right.
I delete all breakpoints before load the applications again because my Hardware supports only two
breakpoints. In other case I receive error from GDB. The load is multistep. In one of steps I must set
an breakpoint to particular address and only one way I found to put it away is command delete all breakpoints.
As I see no command deletes breakpoint on address. Use breakpoint to source line is not very good on this place.

It is not possible for stub restart the application. They are often problem if a remote target is used.
As I wrote set PC to start address works not properly if i.e. interrupts are enabled.
If application runs from RAM it is lost after Hardware reset.

The only handy way I see is to reload application set all used breakpoints and start it again.