This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: restart for remote target
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Efim Monyak <ymonyak at lipowsky dot de>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 11:45:43 -0400
- Subject: Re: restart for remote target
- References: <44C63BD6.email@example.com>
On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 05:42:14PM +0200, Efim Monyak wrote:
> Hi all,
> I need an restart command for remote target. Set Program Counter to i.e.
> 0 is not an
> option because interrupts.
> I implemented it as user-defined command but all breakpoints must be
> delete before load.
> After load all breakpoints are lost.
> Is it possible to save breakpoint data in order restore it after
> application reload?
Sorry, but your explanation omits too much; we need more information.
Load should not remove breakpoints.
Would it help you to connect using 'target extended-remote', and then
use "run" to restart the target? That sends an 'R' packet to the stub,
which can do whatever it needs to.