This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
RE: Help: corrupt Stack
- From: "Bizhan Gholikhamseh \(bgholikh\)" <bgholikh at cisco dot com>
- To: "Joel Brobecker" <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 10:27:19 -0700
- Subject: RE: Help: corrupt Stack
- Authentication-results: sj-dkim-8.cisco.com; header.Fromfirstname.lastname@example.org; dkim=pass ( sig from cisco.com verified; );
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; l=1503; t=1152984440; x=1153848440; c=relaxed/relaxed; s=sjdkim8002; h=Content-Type:From:Subject:Content-Transfer-Encoding:MIME-Version; d=cisco.com; email@example.com; z=From:=22Bizhan=20Gholikhamseh=20\(bgholikh\)=22=20<firstname.lastname@example.org> |Subject:RE=3A=20Help=3A=20corrupt=20Stack; X=v=3Dcisco.com=3B=20h=3DulP74LGf4kt5trSJI2MsxPClz0Y=3D; b=irQwNxJnZpXM/OTYz/iz3XlSnnk86dzMSje1E0m2BOeq+Upp95rNy6xyFWFzjMNu6WfI4YMi S4GvJ6+x436HoQXt22fUudVWoQC4Yv8LaErnQxxaGettvGUf1rHoOf0T;
Thanks for reply. ,
We are using cross compiler for Linux 2.6.11, our host is x86 system and
our target system is PPC based. I apologize if this is not enough
information, if there is anything else please let me know, however if
there are any hints that I should do to help me please let me know.
Many thanks in advance,
From: Joel Brobecker [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2006 9:20 PM
To: Bizhan Gholikhamseh (bgholikh)
Subject: Re: Help: corrupt Stack
> We are using gdb version 6.3. When we ran gdb on the core dump
> generated, it complains with following messages:
> "Previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)"
> Is this a known bug, is there a work around or patch available?
I am afraid you are not providing enough information for anyone to help
you here. 6.3 is pretty old at this point, so you should try 6.5. Also,
with core files, I have noticed that people sometimes analyze them on a
machine that's different from the one where the core file was generated.
Is this the case for you? If it is, chances are the system libraries are
slightly different, and that will cause trouble during the backtrace
Otherwise, you will probably need to specify at least the platform on
which you are running, but even then, I doubt that this will be
sufficient to help you. You probably need to provide a way for us to
reproduce your problem.