This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: shared library symbols not loaded automatically
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Kunal Parmar <kunal dot parmar at codito dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 14:15:25 -0400
- Subject: Re: shared library symbols not loaded automatically
- References: <44B53A5D.email@example.com>
On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 11:37:25PM +0530, Kunal Parmar wrote:
> I am trying to debug a program which uses shared libraries.
> My host is i386-linux and target is arm-linux.
> While debugging, gdb shows me the shared libraries used by my program
> but it does not load the symbols automatically (auto-solib-add is set).
> I have to explicitly use the sharedlibrary command after which the shared
> library symbols are read in.
It looks like you need to set solib-absolute-prefix.
> >Reading symbols from /lib/libc.so.6...done.
> >Loaded symbols for /lib/libc.so.6
This is probably loading your system's /lib/libc.so.6.