This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Update configure in tk/tcl/itcl
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Steve Ellcey <sje at cup dot hp dot com>
- Cc: insight at sourceware dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org, gdb at sourceware dot org, sid at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 12:27:04 -0400
- Subject: Re: Update configure in tk/tcl/itcl
- References: <200606201759.KAA00736@hpsje.cup.hp.com>
On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 10:59:09AM -0700, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> The last three src subdirectories that still use the old autoconf 2.19
> are tk, tcl, and itcl. This patch is to update the autoconf used by
> those subdirectories. Since dejagnu is no longer in the src tree I
> believe that insight is the only user of these directories and according
> to MAINTAINERS is the group that needs to approve this patch to use a
> newer autoconf. I included gdb and binutils on the email to give it
> more visibility and sid because they do show a dependency on tcl (in
> CVSROOT/modules), though that may just be an old dejagnu depenency.
> The alpha versions of tk/tcl 8.5 use autoconf 2.59, as do the latest
> itcl sources so updating our version in advance of those releases
> shouldn't result in an long term ongoing maintanance issue.
> I tested these changes on hppa1.1-hp-hpux11.11 by building insight and
> it built with no problems.
> Ok for checkin?
Steve, did you ever get any response from this patch? I don't want to
let the autoconf upgrade get stalled. I think it's reasonable to go
ahead and commit this if none of the Insight maintainers explicitly