This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Tensilica would like to submit an XTENSA GDB patch
- From: Petr Vandrovec <vandrove at vc dot cvut dot cz>
- To: Robert Dewar <dewar at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Maxim Grigoriev <maxim at tensilica dot com>, gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 02:02:31 +0200
- Subject: Re: Tensilica would like to submit an XTENSA GDB patch
- References: <44B2DBC8.email@example.com> <44B2DC5E.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Robert Dewar wrote:
Maxim Grigoriev wrote:
I'll probably need a short instruction or a reference to the right
document describing how to submit GDB patches.
Step one, file a proper copyright assignment form. Copies of this form
may be obtained from the Free Software Foundation (they are not
available on line).
Well, I'm confused. FSF website tells me
(http://www.fsf.org/licensing/assigning.html) that I should contact maintainer
to obtain copyright assignment forms. What is proper address to ask for the
forms, if not email@example.com ? gdb-patches? Or should I email maintainers
mentioned at http://directory.fsf.org/gdb.html individually ?
I have patches to fix PR 2142 & 735 from gnats (preliminary diffs are available
in gnats, if you are curious - big blob with them is at
http://platan.vc.cvut.cz/gdb.diff) - are these patches OK without copyright
assignment, or should I fill copyright assignment, and if I should fill
copyright assignment, then whom should I contact to get forms ?