Re: MI: event notification

We don't do what Nick's suggesting. We do do something similar for shared library notifications - we emit async notifications for shared library load events from gdb so Xcode doesn't have to stop on solib events & get the shlig list. Similarly if a shared library load causes a pended breakpoint to get loaded we tell about that as well.

But we don't do anything for stack changes. Note, except in the case where you have gotten stuck in some kind of pathological recursion, I would be surprised if it's consing up the stack list for the MI that takes a significant portion of the time, so I'm not sure this example isn't a false optimization. But anyway, we don't do that.

Most of the notifications we use are to tell Xcode what's happening during -interpreter-exec, so it can keep the UI in sync with the console.

The